Gilbert Haymes and Associates2018-11-20T11:27:20+00:00

Registered Professional Surveyors and Resource Management Consultants

About Us

Gilbert Haymes and Associates have been providing professional surveying services to Marlborough since the 1920s.

Having recently amalgamated with Ensurv we now offer a comprehensive, cost effectively and timely solution to all of your surveying needs.

Led by directors Tony Hawke, Philip Morton and Perry Gilbert we provide professional and cost effective surveying, planning and subdivision services to Marlborough, Kaikoura and throughout the South Island.

Based in Blenheim, we service clients throughout the South Island. We have a wealth of experience throughout the Marlborough Sounds, Wairau and Awatere Valleys and also Kaikoura.

Combining years of experience and local knowledge with the latest instruments and software technology allows us to deliver leading edge surveying services. We offer a complete subdivision service, from your resource consent application, through engineering design and supervision, and Land Transfer surveying.

Find out more about our range of surveying services or contact us to discuss your plans.

What we do

  • Resource Consents

  • Land subdivision urban & rural

  • Boundary redefinitions

  • GPS & Topographical surveys

  • Engineering surveys

  • Vineyard design & development

  • Vineyard Management plans

  • Shallow water hydrographic surveys

  • Construction setout

  • Marine farm & mooring surveys

  • Cross-lease plans & unit title plans

Our Services

Gilbert Haymes and Associates are the oldest established surveying firm in Marlborough.

We have been involved with the wine and marine farming industries since the outset. Our clients include farmers, homeowners, vineyards and wineries, government agencies, regional and unitary councils and irrigation companies to name a few.

Contact us for subdivision advice, boundary adjustments, legal easements, redefinition surveys, topographical surveys, building set out or if you are planning to subdivide.

We are experts in subdividing land, including subdivision design, resource consent applications, engineering design, construction supervision, boundary pegging and preparation of Land Title Plans.


Why do I need a surveyor?

By law, all subdivision requires a licensed cadastral surveyor to establish the legal boundaries. As well as subdividing land, determining legal boundaries, and preparing legal easements, as licensed cadastral surveyors we undertake topographical surveys for house sites, vineyard planning, irrigation design and building set outs.

How do I subdivide my land?

To subdivide you need to apply to the council for resource consent to divide the land. We can provide you with initial planning advice and project costings.

Will you manage the resource consent process?

Yes. We have extensive experience in subdivision and managing all parts of the resource consent process.

Contact Us

For any enquiries or to make an appointment to speak to one of our qualified survey consultants.

Phone: 03 578 7984

Physical Address
PO Box 380
181 High Street
Blenheim 7201

Tony Hawke (Director)

Phil Morton (Director)

Perry Gilbert (Director)

Chris Williams (Technician)

Ross McKay (Technician)

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message